The Federation of Genealogical Societies, a non-profit organization, is looking for office support in the greater Austin area. FGS is looking for self-motivated professional with great work ethic for a support staff position. This position is an independent contract position beginning 1 January 2014. While workload will shift from month to month, it is estimated that the contract will require 5-7 hours a week with heavier workloads during January, February, June, July, August and November.
Duties to include:
- Handling society mail- collect, open, sort, scan and forward appropriately
- Making bank deposits
- Updating excel files
- Answering phones (limited)
- Sending and answering e-mail
- Other projects as directed
- Ability to follow directions and attention to detail
- MS office software (Word, Excel and outlook)
- Reliable, honest, trustworthy
- Home internet access
Contract position is available now. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: $500 a month - Contract for first 3 months with an option to extend to full year upon evaluation. This is a contract position.