FEDERATION OF GENEALOGICAL SOCIETIES DEBUTS CONFERENCE APP
Offers Updated Information On FGS 2012 Conference
August 20, 2012 – Austin, TX. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) announces the debut of its free mobile application for the upcoming FGS 2012 Conference, Indians, Squatters, Settlers and Soldiers in the "Old Southwest" – to be held in Birmingham, Alabama 29 August to 1 September, 2012.
Based on the Guidebook app platform, the FGS 2012 Conference app provides smart phone and mobile device users with an easy way track all the exciting events and happenings at one of the largest genealogy events of the year.
With the FGS 2012 Conference app, users can:
- Look up the entire FGS 2012 conference schedule including Librarians’ Day and Vendor Demonstrations.
- Check on exhibitor information and locate those vendors to visit in the Exhibit Hall.
- View Speaker biographies as well as session numbers.
- Use maps of the venue including all floors of the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex.
- View FGS 2012 Facebook page status updates and the FGS 2012 Twitter feed.
- Create a personal schedule using the To Do List function.
Learn More and Stay Connected
- Visit the Conference News Blog: http://www.fgsconferenceblog.org
- Follow the Conference on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/fgs2012 and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/fgs2012
- Greater Birmingham Convention & Visitors Bureau at http://www.birminghamal.org