Click here to create a reminder to listen to FGS Radio:
Saturday, January 21, 2012
2-3pm Eastern US
1-2pm Central US
12-1pm Mountain US
11am-12pm Pacific US
Join us for the next episode of FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies.
This week’s episode hosted by Randy Whited is entitled Crafting an Effective Member Survey. Our guests will be Paula Hinkel, of the FGS-member society Southern California Genealogical Society in Burbank, California, and Taneya Koonce, a member of the FGS Education Committee. Paula and Taneya will discuss all facets of survey design, implementation methods and analysis. In addition, we’ll be highlighting FGS member society, Idaho Genealogical Society, in our weekly Society Spotlight feature.
Paula Hinkel is former President of the Southern California Genealogical Society and is currently serving as vice president. She is the co-chair of the Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, and has been one of the instigators behind the implementation of technological solutions at SCGS.
- Southern California Genealogical Society
- SCGS Jamboree Blog
Tanyea Koonce has a degree in Biology from Emory University. She also holds two Masters: one in Library Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and one in Public Health from Vanderbilt. She is currently an Associate Director for Research with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center. In addition, Taneya is a member of the FGS Education Committee.
- Taneya’s Genealogy Blog
- Taneya Koonce
- Looking Forward to the Past
- To become a preferred first stop for those researching their ancestry in Idaho, by reaching out to a statewide audience, preserving Idaho specific records, maximizing grant requests to fund our projects, and making member's Idaho research meaningful and successful.
- Partnering with local genealogical societies statewide within Idaho.
- Providing information on what is available at the local level.
- Scheduling and sponsoring seminars throughout the year that will enhance ancestry knowledge.
- Identifying and providing resources/knowledge not available elsewhere.
- Delivering a newsletter in a timely manner that addresses items of interest to researchers of Idaho Genealogy with significant depth and importance.
- Idaho Genealogical Society
- Cemetery Assessment Project
Join Us Each Saturday Afternoon at FGS Radio
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.