Click here to create a reminder to listen to FGS Radio:
Saturday, October 8, 2011
2-3pm Eastern US
1-2pm Central US
12-1pm Mountain US
11am-12pm Pacific US
Join us for the next episode of FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies.
This week’s episode hosted by Drew Smith is entitled Focus on Genealogy Society Bylaws. Special guest Robert “Bobbi” King will join us as we review issues involved with society bylaws and ways to use them to strengthen your organization. In addition, we’ll be highlighting the Anchorage Genealogical Society in our weekly Society Spotlight feature.
She lectures locally and nationally on federal land records, and is the author of the NGS Nebraska Researching in the States research guide. She is a regular contributor to the quarterly of the Association of Professional Genealogists. Bobbi is a former member of the board of directors for the Federation of Genealogical Societies, where she served as FGS parliamentarian and editor of the Society Strategies Series papers. She has served as a volunteer and officer for numerous local Colorado genealogical organizations.
Bobbi is a career medical technologist working for Kaiser Permanente in Denver. She lives in Lakewood where she shares a home with her Better Half, Will. She is a mother and grandmother, dividing her time among grandchildren, genealogy, and career.
- Association of Professional Genealogists Profile for Roberta “Bobbi” King
- Federation of Genealogical Society Bylaws
- FGS Bylaws Review
This week's Society Spotlight features Anchorage Genealogical Society.
- Mission Statement: The goals of the Anchorage Genealogical Society are to educate and foster interest in genealogy among members and others; to assemble, preserve and make available genealogical records--especially Alaskan records; to provide links to existing sources of genealogical information; and to furnish aid and assistance to those in need of genealogical information or help.
- Monthly Meetings: We meet on the First Wednesday of the month in the Public Conference Room on the first floor of the Z. J. Loussac Library from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The Library is located at the corner of 36th Avenue and Denali Street. Our programs are focused on methods that are general and/or specific to different locations around the world. We also have great refreshments!
- Anchorage Genealogical Society
Join Us Each Saturday Afternoon at FGS Radio
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mysociety/2011/10/08/focus-on-genealogy-society-bylaws