Click here to create a reminder to listen to FGS Radio:
Saturday, September 24, 2011
2-3pm Eastern US
1-2pm Central US
12-1pm Mountain US
11am-12pm Pacific US
Join us for the next episode of FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies.
This week’s episode hosted by Thomas MacEntee is entitled Your Society’s Facebook Presence. Using a Q&A format which was popular in workshops at the recent FGS 2011 conference, Thomas will review some of the issues involved with making sure your genealogy society can harness the power of Facebook. In addition, we’ll be highlighting the Elgin (IL) Genealogical Society in our weekly Society Spotlight feature.
Q&A Session on Facebook Issues Confronting Genealogy Societies
Using a format of questions and answers which proved popular during various FGS 2011 conference workshops, Thomas will facilitate a discussion of issues and concerns facing genealogical societies. Come prepared with your questions and get ready to take notes - you won't want to miss this episode!!!
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com
Since it began in 1972, the Elgin Genealogical Society (EGS) has worked towards:
- bringing together persons who are researching family history,
- informing people of the value of and need for preserving family and local history,
- providing information, methods, and practices of family research,
- fostering idea sharing,
- seeking, preserving and making available material concerning past and present families,
- encouraging officials to preserve public records and genealogical collections and make them accessible to interested person.
- Elgin (IL) Genealogical Society
Join Us Each Saturday Afternoon at FGS Radio
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.