You are encouraged to nominate individuals or societies to receive these awards of recognition. You know the societies and the people who make up those organizations. You know the activities/projects that an individual or society has successfully undertaken. These are the people, the societies, and the activities FGS is looking to offer gratitude to with these awards. Note: only FGS-member societies and individual members of FGS-member societies can be nominated for the FGS Awards.
- Certificate of Appreciation: Individual or organization in thanks for duty in exemplary or outstanding manner.
- Award of Merit: Individual or organization for meritorious service or distinguished work in genealogy and family history.
- President's Citation: Individual or organization to whose contributions or service to FGS or the genealogical community are singled out for recognition by the FGS President.
- Delegate Award: Individual Delegate of a member society in recognition of exemplary service to FGS as a member of an FGS standing committee or as an active participant in an FGS project.
- Distinguished Service Award: Individual or organizational recognition of outstanding service to FGS or to a member society. The organization must be a member of FGS, and the individual must be a member of an FGS member society.
- Director's Award: Individual or organizational recognition of both exceptional contributions to the field of genealogy and family history, and extra-mile efforts to promote good will and improve services.
- George E. Williams Award: Individual with outstanding contributions within a single year to FGS, a member organization, or both.
- David S. Vogels Award: Individual for recognition of outstanding career contributions to FGS.
- Rabbi Malcolm H. Stern Humanitarian Award: To a rare individual for lifetime contributions and whose positive personal influence and example have fostered unity in the genealogical community, provided leadership to its individual members, and helped make family history a vital force in the community at large.
- Archives Award: Individual or organizational recognition of exceptional contributions in the area of archival access, preservation, or services.
The deadline for submission of awards for 2011 is 1 June 2011.